The layout allows children to count left to right by ones, and down by tens. As well as teaching your child to count to 100, the hundreds chart can be used to help children with addition and subtraction as well as basic multiplication and division. This plate is extremely useful for early primary school aged children. To make the plate more fun and interactive, questions have been added around the border, such as how old are you? And what is your street number? For children 4-8 years old:
- Ask them count to 100.
- Ask them to find the even numbers and the odd numbers.
- Ask them to count by two's or three's or five's etc.
- Ask them to count up by 10's.
- Ask them to count down by 10's.
- Give your child some problems addition and subtraction problems such: 18 add 9, or 66 take away 11 and help them use the chart to find the answer.